The mission of MCOG is to strengthen the capability of member municipalities and counties to act individually and collectively to make Midcoast Maine a better place to live, work, and play.
- developing and implementing a regional economic development strategy;
- identifying, developing, and implementing regional strategies for other pressing issues and opportunities;
- mobilizing resources in the region, including member municipalities and counties, business and economic development organizations, environmental and conservation nonprofits, schools and research
laboratories, and others, to implement regional strategies;
- providing technical assistance to municipalities and counties to effectively design and implement planning and development policies;
- advocating at the state level for policies and funding that support regional and local planning and development strategies; and
- exercising other such powers as member municipalities and counties may delegate.